The Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco Study Group (ADTSG) of the Society for Medical Anthropology invites applications for a travel award to attend the 2022 AAA Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington. An award of $100 will be given to a graduate student presenting a paper at the conference that engages questions related to alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or other psychoactive substance use. The ADTSG Graduate Student Travel Award is awarded annually on a competitive basis and reviewed by a committee comprised of ADTSG members.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Applicant must be presenting a paper at the 2022 AAA Annual Meeting (this award is open to both online and in-person attendees)
- Applicant must be a member of the Society for Medical Anthropology (see http://americananthro.org for instructions on how to join)
- Submit your paper abstract, university affiliation, graduate program (M.A. or Ph.D.), and contact information (no additional materials are required) to Breanne Casper, Chair of ADTSG, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be received by 5:00PM EST on August 15, 2022, for full consideration.
Questions may be directed to Breanne Casper at the above email address. We look forward to your submissions!