The Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco Study Group (ADTSG) of the Society for Medical Anthropology invites applications for a travel award to attend the 2022 AAA Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington. An award of $100 will be given to a contingent faculty member (adjunct, instructor, postdoc, or similar non-tenure positions) presenting a paper at the conference that engages questions related to alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or other psychoactive substance use. This is ADTSG’s Contingent Faculty Travel Award, to be offered once every two years. The award will be rewarded on a competitive basis and reviewed by a committee comprised of ADTSG members.
- Applicant must be a contingent faculty member (adjunct, instructor, post-doc, or similar non-tenure position)
- Applicant must be presenting a paper at the 2022 AAA Annual Meeting (this award is open to both online and in-person attendees)
- Applicant must be a member of the Society for Medical Anthropology (see http://americananthro.org for instructions on how to join)
- Submit your paper abstract, university affiliation, position, and contact information (no additional materials are required) to Breanne Casper, Chair of ADTSG, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be received by 5:00PM EST on August 15, 2022, for full consideration.
Questions may be directed to Breanne Casper at the above email address. We look forward to your submissions!