The Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco Study Group (ADTSG) of the Society for Medical Anthropology
invites applications for a travel award to attend the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting in Baltimore,
Maryland. An award of $100 will be given to a contingent faculty member (adjunct, instructor, postdoc,
or similar non-tenure positions) presenting a paper at the conference that engages questions
related to alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or other psychoactive substance use. The award will be rewarded on a
competitive basis once every two years and reviewed by a committee comprised of ADTSG members.
- Applicant must be a contingent faculty member (adjunct, instructor, post-doc, or similar non-tenure position)
- Applicant must be presenting a paper at the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting (this award is open to both hybrid and in-person attendees)
- Applicant must be a member of the Society for Medical Anthropology (see http://americananthro.org for instructions on how to join)
- Submit your paper abstract, university affiliation, position, and contact information (no additional materials are required) to Breanne Casper, Chair of ADTSG, at email@example.com
- Applications must be received by 5:00PM EST on September 1, 2021, for full consideration.
Questions may be directed to Breanne Casper at the above email address. We look forward to your submissions!