The Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco Study Group (ADTSG) of the Society for Medical Anthropology invites applications for a travel award to attend the 2016 AAA Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota. An award of $200 will be given to a graduate student presenting a paper at the conference that engages questions related to alcohol, drugs, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, or other psychoactive substance use. The ADTSG Graduate Student Travel Award is awarded biennially on a competitive basis and reviewed by a committee comprised of ADTSG members.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Applicant must be presenting a paper at the 2016 AAA Annual Meeting
- Applicant must be a member of the Society for Medical Anthropology (see http://americananthro.org for instructions on how to join)
- Submit your paper abstract, university affiliation, graduate program (M.A. or Ph.D.) and contact information (no additional materials are required) to Shana Harris, Chair of ADTSG, at email@example.com
- Applications must be received by 5:00PM EST on September 15, 2016 for full consideration
Questions may be directed to Shana Harris at the above email address. We look forward to your submissions!